Rates & Policies
Make sure you have read, understand and agree with our CAVEAT (click here)
Payment: We accept cash, Mastercard and Visa and Bitcoin in payment. Unless payment was received in advance, payment for your full stay is due at check-in. You can book and mark for EFT and contact us for payment options.
Payment by credit card: We will send you a link to pre-pay by credit card to which we add 3% credit card fees.
Rates until 30 September 2023
Grand Suite R3,750 Two-bedroom cottage R2,000
Master Suite R3,250 Three bedroom cottages R2,400
Garden/Ocean Suite R3,000 Poolside cabana R 950
East Suite R3,000
West Suite R2,750
South Suite R2,500
Rates after 30 September 2023
Grand Suite R4,350 Two-bedroom cottage R2,300
Master Suite R3,750 Three bedroom cottages R2,800
Garden/Ocean Suite R3,450 Poolside cabana R1,100
East Suite R3,450
West Suite R3,250
South Suite R2,950
High Season Rates 01 December 2023 till 14 January 2024
Grand Suite R4,500 Two-bedroom cottage R2,750
Master Suite R3,995 Three bedroom cottages R3,150
Garden/Ocean Suite R3,750 Poolside cabana R1,200
East Suite R3,750
West Suite R3,550
South Suite R3,250
- Rates are per night, room only.
- Rates include VAT
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and bar or pool-side dining is a la carte
- If you had previously booked dinner and breakfast included, a set menu will be provided
*** Please note that our rates and policies may be changed prospectively at our discretion without advance notice.
Location and access: The lodge is exclusive, private and secluded in a remote region of paradise - the Tsitsikamma. It is off the beaten track. A provincial administration loose gravel road of some seven kilometers winding through farms and forests, a road that they may or may not maintain and which we may not maintain, brings you to our front gate. Under normal circumstances the road is quite passable, but in extreme weather and lots of rain, the road may be slippery and require caution. Once at our front gate, the lodge is another kilometer beyond that. Access is controlled and is by appointment only.
High Season: December and January, public holidays, school holidays and long weekends
Low Season: Any time other than High Season
Internet: Free Wi-Fi. Excessive use will result in a charge.
Laundry: We do not do laundry overnight. Please check our price list and check off what needs to be ironed, else we will just fold it. Laundry handed in before 10:00am will be done by 5:00pm. We can iron something incidental quickly, at a charge.
Reservations and cancellations:
- Suite and Cabana rates are for 2 guests. Cottage rates are per cottage.
- A deposit of 50% of the total stay is required to confirm your reservation. First come first serve. Your entire stay has to be paid for at least 30 days before arrival for High Season and in Low Season at least 7 days before, either by EFT to our bank account below, or by credit card plus 3%.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you receive confirmation that your deposit and cost of your stay has been received as required. If prepayment has not been made as required, your reservations will be cancelled and your deposit forfeited.
- We do not rely on, and do not accept, passing trade and therefore we may not be able to fill your suite, cottage or cabana if you do not cancel in the allotted time. Providing your reservation is cancelled at least 30 days prior to your arrival date in High Season and 7 days in Low Season, your 50% deposit or entire payment in advance shall be refunded. In low season, 50% of your deposit will be refunded if you cancelled at least 14 days before arrival date.
- For a cancellation to be valid, ensure that you do so in writing via e-mail and obtain a cancellation confirmation and number from us in writing.
Pets: Well behaved pets are welcome in the Ocean Suite and cottages that has outside entrances, at a surcharge of R300 per pet. A sanitation fee of R500 will be charged for any in-room pet spills. You will be liable to pay for the damages should your pet cause any other damage.
Restrictions: We are a fully licensed establishment with a restaurant. Kindly refrain from bringing onto and consuming your own food and liquor on our premises. A corkage fee will be charged for liquor you bring and consume on the property..
Check-in into the lodge, the cottages or the cabanas is after 3:00pm. If we don't have someone checking out of your suite, cottage or cabana that day, by prior approval and it is check-in ready, , you may be able to check in earlier. You are quite welcome to arrive early and enjoy our facilities awaiting check in.
Check-out for the lodge, cottages and cabanas it is 10 am. By special request and by prior approval, you may be able to check out an hour or two later. You are quite welcome to still enjoy our facilities after check-out.
Credit: Guests are required to establish credit for incidental charge and sundries, to be settled before departure, and for theft and damages which may only be discovered after your departure. If you do not post a cash security of R2,500, we will charge your card and refund you when you check out.
Dining and libations: You may fine dine on the Grande Verandah or have a casual lunch in the Kontiki on Sea bar area, or have meals or snacks served poolside.
Quiet enjoyment: We regretfully discourage noisy infants and noisy pets. If they are bothersome and you do not control and contain the,despite having been asked to, we will be compelled to ask you to leave for the sake of our other guests and no refund given.
Security: For the security of all our guests, the lodge and surroundings are patrolled by trained dogs. They are friendly, but please do not feed them. You may pet them at your own risk.
Bank name: Nedbank
Account name: Tsitsikamma on Sea
Account number: 1357021321
Branch code: 198765
International code: NEDSZAJJ