Make sure you have read, understand and agree with our CAVEAT (click here)
*** Please note that our rates and policies may be changed prospectively at our discretion without notice.
High Season: December and January, public holidays, school holidays and long weekends
For High Season, a 50% deposit is required to secure the booking when made and the entire balance has to be paid 30 days before arrival.
Low Season: Any time other than High Season
For Low Season, a 50% deposit is required to secure the booking when made and the entire balance has to be paid 7 days before arrival.
Internet: Free Wi-Fi close to the lodge and now at the cottages. Excessive use will result in a charge.
Laundry: We do not do laundry overnight. Please check our price list and check off what needs to be ironed, else we will just fold it. Laundry handed in before 10:00am will be done by 5:00pm. We can iron something incidental quickly, at a charge.
Location and access: The lodge is exclusive, private and secluded in a remote region of paradise, the Tsitsikamma, off the beaten track. A provincial administration loose gravel road of some seven kilometers winding through farms and forests, a road that they may or may not maintain and which we may not maintain, brings you to our front gate. Under normal circumstances the road is quite passable, but in extreme weather and lots of rain, the road may be slippery and require caution. Once at our front gate, the lodge is another kilometer beyond that. Access is controlled and is by appointment only.
Reservations and cancellations:
- Suite and Cabana rates are for 2 guests. Additional guests in suites are R500 per peron and in the Grande Suite R750. Cottage rates are per cottage for 6 guests maximum. though we discourage it, 2 additional guests may be allowed for the cottage as is, at R300 per extra persons..
- Deposits or payments can be made either by EFT to our bank account below, or by credit card plus 3% surcharge for commissions we have to pay on credit cards.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you receive confirmation that your deposit and cost of your stay has been received as required. If prepayment has not been made as required, your reservations will be cancelled and your deposit forfeited.
- We do not rely on, and do not accept, passing trade and therefore we may not be able to fill your suite, cottage or cabana if you do not cancel in the allotted time. Providing your reservation is cancelled at least 30 days prior to your arrival date in High Season and 7 days in Low Season, your 50% deposit or entire payment in advance shall be refunded.
- For a cancellation to be valid, ensure that you do so in writing via e-mail and obtain a cancellation confirmation and number from us in writing.
Check-in into the lodge and cottages is after 3:00pm; for cabanas it is after 12:00 noon. If we don't have someone checking out of your suite, cottage or cabana that day, by prior approval, you may be able to check in earlier. You are quite welcome to arrive early and enjoy our facilities awaiting check in.
Check-out for the lodge, cottages and cabanas it is 10 am. By special request and by prior approval, you may be able to check out an hour or two later. You are quite welcome to still enjoy our facilities after check-out.
Credit: Guests are required to establish credit for incidental charge and sundries, to be settled before departure, and for theft and damages which may only be discovered after your departure. If you do not post a cash security of R2,500, we will charge your card and refund you when you check out.
Dining and libations: You may fine dine on the Grande Verandah or have a casual lunch in the Kontiki on Sea bar area, or have meals or snacks served poolside.
Quiet enjoyment: We regretfully discourage noisy infants and noisy pets. If they are bothersome and you do not control and contain the,despite having been asked to, we will be compelled to ask you to leave for the sake of our other guests and no refund given.
Security: For the security of all our guests, the lodge and surroundings are patrolled by trained dogs. They are friendly, but please do not feed them. You may pet them at your own risk.
Banking Details: Nedbank, Plettenberg Bay
Account name: Tsitsikamma on Sea
Account number 1357021321
International code: NEDSZAJJ